Monday, April 5, 2010

Retro post: Sevilla! (Part 1)

If all goes well by now I am in Italy for Holy Week! So this is a great chance to do some retroactive blogging. (Did you know I can write these in advance and post them later automatically! So cool!) It's completely not-okay that I haven't talked about my trip to Sevilla yet on this blog!

We went to Sevilla with our program, aka we didn't have to pay for anything! Since we're always traveling on a budget otherwise, it was really great to be able to order all the food we wanted, and not have to foot the bill! :)


Highlight of the trip- finding Narnia in my closet!!!


Plaza de Espana- home of the 1929 Spanish- American exhibit? Maybe?
At any rate, enormous, and gorgeous!


Each "state" within Spain has its own little alcove- here I'm sitting in Burgos,
the home of my host family!

Like I said.... really big!


One of the towers of the Plaza.

Please note how Spanish the architecture is- the arches in the distance are traditional to Spanish Muslim architecture, and the white and blue ceramic in the foreground is "azulejos", one of Spain's favorite decorative materials.

One of my friends. The Plaza has everything- even a moat! :)

Still the Plaza de Espana- close-up of some arches.

1 comment: